Thursday, October 17, 2013

The Lonely by Tara Brown

 
 
 
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"I know I told them I was Emalyn Spicer. I know who she is, I know who she isn't as well. I can see her face staring at me. Her blank stare haunts me. She is me. I've lived for her. I had to. I owed her that. I remember the gunshot. I remember the debt but I don't remember what caused it."
 
Totally blown away...I was not expecting to love this book as much as I did. It is a dark and painful story. I don't want to give too much away because everything is not what it seems in this book. The characters are so well developed you can't help but love them from Shell the roomie to Stuart the chauffeur.
 
The story starts out being the typical damaged college girl trying to find herself in the real world and heal from her past as an orphan. It takes a completely unexpected turn in a very crazy, twisted good way! So, without any spoilers, just read it if you enjoy intensely dark reads. Can't wait to read more in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment