Sunday, March 9, 2014

Spin (Songs of Corruption 1) Review


Spin (Songs of Corruption 1)
By CD Reiss

4.5 Stars ~ Intense, raw and gripping! Honest review in exchange for the ARC I received through NetGalley.


Spin, what a fitting title for what my mind went through reading this. Antonio Spinelli, is a very intense and alluring character. At first glance, his charm makes you think he can't possibly be guilty of all the accusations flying around, confusing the growing attraction Theresa has towards him because she knows there's more to him than meets the eye. But then his complexities begin to show and she's smart enough to piece together the puzzle that is Spin. Her past makes an unwelcome entrance, her Ex and also the DA hot on Spin's heels, and she must choose between her unresolved feelings and lingering loyalty or protecting the man who put the spark back in her spirit, making her feel alive and with purpose again.

"Contessa." His voice was rough.

"Capo." I leaned on the door, looking up at his eyes. They flinched when I called him that then warmed.

"Send me away," he said "Slam this door in my face."

I stepped aside and let him in.

"I tried to stay away. I've never wanted a woman this much in my life. I'd burn cities to have you. I'd fight armies. I'd commit murder to take you right now."

Once Theresa decides her fate, lines are crossed and many loyalties tested. She's not one of them and it doesn't settle well among Spin's people. They both make mistakes that could endanger their lives and everything Spin has worked for. Spin must make the hardest decision of his life...keep the woman he loves beyond reason, who drives him crazy or let her go to save them both from hell.

"It's just done, Theresa. Over."

I blinked, and a tear fell. What had I done?

"This is not what I want. I'm in the life, I'm damned. I know this. I cannot come home to a woman I'll share hell with. Please just go. I don't want to see you again."

His words tightened in my gut, twisting my insides to jelly.

"Get out."

I waited for him to change his mind. I was a coward. I couldn't fight for him. I didn't know how.

I enjoyed Spin and Theresa, both strong leading characters. The plot is full of action, mystery and torrid Spinelli 'love'. Highly recommend!



No comments:

Post a Comment