Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Alluring Turmoil by Skye Turner

Alluring Turmoil (Bayou Stix, #1)

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What a Tumultuous river of emotions between Alexia Sloane, twenty-six year old owner of Java and Sweeties, and Jude Delecroix, lead singer of one of the most famous rock bands in the country, Bayou Stix. The past couple of years Lexi has been focusing all her energy into her business in an attempt to forget the man who broke her heart, all of her heart. Jude has been living life on the road drowning his pain in alcohol and groupies, trying to forget the one and only girl he has ever loved.

When a concert brings Jude back to town, he plans to confront Lexi and demand answers. He doesn't prepare himself for the rush of emotions that come slamming back to the surface when he walks in the door of Java and Sweeties.

"I thought my heart was dead. I thought I was empty...but after tonight, after seeing her again, it's beating. Painfully so, but at least it's beating again. It's telling me that no matter what, it still wants what it's always wanted. It wants what completes it, the reason it beats...it wants Lexi. I want Lexi."

Jude decides Lexi is worth fighting for and wants to settle down from life on the road. He must prove to Lexi that he plans to stick around. The past lurks in both of their minds but they are afraid to dig up old pain and heartache, ruining any chance of a future. But a tour offer too good to turn down comes his way ultimately leading to a devastating misunderstanding that sets off a chain reaction. When Lexi and Jude finally learn what really happened that night eight years ago, more than hearts are ripped open and broken.

"Why don't I feel anything? Ha. I'm broken. How pathetic am I? Not only did I let Jude Delecroix break my heart back then, but now, this time, I let him break me. And I don't even care."

A very steamy ride through love, friendship and loss. The characters are engaging and the plot held my interest. I felt the biggest connection with Jude. He was a jerk in the beginning, yeah, but only to hide his pain. Lexi's friends Erik and Bradi were strong supporting characters and quite entertaining as well. Definite 4 Star on plot and character development, 5+ on the Steam Meter!


No comments:

Post a Comment